11 Haziran 2011 Cumartesi

Who's That Girl???

... I said it would be worth popping back today didn't I? I am still laughing my socks off still at this photo of me. It was taken in one of those naff photobooth jobs that always make you look a bit deranged and always always take so long to eject the developed pics that in your impatience you end up scratching or smudging the image.



I can even remember where this was taken... in the photobooth in the main Post Office in City Square in Leeds... for a school bus pass. I had totally forgotten about this photo until my Dad arrived on Saturday morning with said pic... he had found it and thought I might like it... well, Grim whipped off up to his room and did some computer wizardry and came back down about 47 seconds later with the original photo and this one, resized and touched up *there is a joke in there but I am soooo not going there lol* Here's the original...



So... I decided to alter a photo frame I picked up in AC Moore while I was in Baltimore... Ellen was enabling me so much over there you know, first Michael's, then Queen's Ink and then AC Moore... like I needed any persuasion lol. I picked out my fave colour from the photo to co-ordinate it in with the frame... so it is brown from my eyes... meaning I got to play with Crowded Attic and Vintage Photo Stains and Heirloom Gold Perfect Pearls Mists. I cut the paper to fit, splodged some Trad Tan paint onto it and then made lots of splattery dots of Vintage Photo... I wanted them to look at bit like freckles seeing as my old fizzog is covered in them in this picture (they are a bit more bleached out nowadays... caught up in the wrinkles lol)




But first... a very near calamity struck in the Room of Stash... I am still shaking from the experience. I had finished a pot of Traditional Tan paint last week and went to get a new pot... and... couldn't find it! I knew it was in the drawer... it had to be, I would so never not have a second pot waiting for me... but I rummaged and rummaged and huffed and puffed and started to panic... and then I remembered! When I was doing my tidying jaunt the other week I put the paints in colour order in the drawer... ok, ok, lesson learnt... serves me right for being a dork lol



So... a little trip down Memory Lane... actually, is there a real Memory Lane somewhere?? Does anyone know??? Maybe I should whizz off and consult Mr Google Earth. Wouldn't that be funny if you lived on Memory Lane... you would be forever taking trips down it lol Oh and I really am wondering why on earth I was sporting a Cliff Richard hairstyle... a mullet no less!! Well, it was 1985 so I guess I can be forgiven lol UhOh... making myself laugh.. not a good sign so that must be the signal for me to say... thanks for looking... TTFN!

Hels x

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder