11 Haziran 2011 Cumartesi

Who said what now??




source: geekologie.com
So something huge happened for the US recently.


I'm sure you heard about it.


Osama Bin Laden was killed.


Yep.


While this is a fascinating piece of history that has just occurred, what I found much more interesting, was this:
"I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy. Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that."

--Martin Luther King, Jr.



source: cloudred.com
This here quote was posted all over Facebook, and Twitter as soon as the news broke out.
But....
This is not a Martin Luther King quote....
In fact, it seems to be a nobody quote.
Some dude just made it up, and posted it on the internet with MLK's name attached to it.
Then this shit went viral!
Husband was the first to break the news to all our Facey friends by posting this.
It was hilarious.
While I appreciated the sentiment of the supposed quote, I myself did not repost. 
Instead, I went for some classic Yoda:
"Fear is the path to the dark side, fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering."



Much more appropriate.



Nothing fake here :P





Although I may have typed 'hat' instead of 'hate' on Facebook....





Oh well, it still counts!

Also, I find it odd that they dumped Bin Laden's body in the ocean, did they learn nothing from Megatron??



source: shootfortheedit.com
Yeah yeah, I know that joke's been made, but I couldn't resist :D




Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder