Remember I told you that husband has been getting really frustrated waiting for his birthday surprise?
I think I may have said something about it being really rad and worth the wait....
Well his birthday surprise was approaching.
He was getting very frustrated.
He tried to trick his friends into telling him what was going on, but no dice.
Props to the boys for feigning ignorance on that one!
All Husband knew was that he was unavailable all weekend.
At one point he even tried to organize his own birthday drinks for the Saturday night!
Word, of course, got back to me via my many spies on the inside.
I quickly put an end to that.
So Friday came along, and I got an SMS from Husband at work.
It said: "I'm coming down with something, I might go home if I get out of this meeting early."
This was not good.
I got home and assessed the situation with my Housie.
She was certain it would all be okay, he'd be fine by morning.
But I know my husband, and when he gets sick, he gets Man Sick (lots of moaning, flailing limbs, imminent death etc).
So I knew this would not pass quickly.
I packed our bags for the morning anyway, we had to be up at 7am to be at our destination by 9am.
The alarm went off.
I got up.
I brushed my teeth.
I looked in the mirror.
Husband was behind me.
And he looked like hell.
I asked him how he was feeling.
It was just as I feared, imminent death.
So I told him the plans and left it up to him whether he could go through with the (now ruined) surprise or not.
The plan was to go to the Island for a surfing lesson with Mal Gregson, former Australian Masters Champion and Australian team coach at the ISA world titles.
After the lesson, all our surfing friends (and some avid rock photographers) were to meet us at the neighbouring beach for a surf session.
We were then to head back to a friends uncle's house to party through the night.
I had the stealth mission all planned.
I didn't want to tell him about the surfing in advance because his first question would be "why don't the boys meet us down there?" which would have spoiled the second part of the surprise.
Once he got in the car and saw the surfboard and wetsuit, he'd know where we were going, but it would be too early in the morning to call anyone.
Housie was to bring the food, drinks, and decorations. She was then to decorate the beach, tying balloons to rocks etc, making the place look festive.
This way, he'd think the surprise ended with a beach party, or "surfday party" as I took to calling it.
The part I was having trouble with was how to get him from one beach to the next without him taking off his wetsuit.
Ever tried to put on a wet wetsuit?
Once it's off, it's off.
Then after the second surfing session, I'd let him get changed, then start driving home, "accidentally" get lost, and end up at the party house.
Housie was also going to get there early and set up decorations in the house, chill the beer, put out snacks etc.
I told all this to husband, and he looked at me like I'd punched him in the balls.
He just looked at me and said "I can't go surfing, I have a trip on Monday, and I can't be sick".
Note: It's winter in Australia. It was a whole 16 C, that's 61 F.
So he went back to bed, sneezing all the way.
I called Mal and changed the lesson for the next week, then told the boys it was off.
And then, because I'm an awesome wife, I made soup.
So to sum up, this is the reaction I was hoping for:
![]() |
| source: photobucket.com |
This is what I was left with:
![]() |
| source: deviantart.com |
![]() |
| source: backstrokeofthewest.com |
![]() |
| source: threadbombing.com |
![]() |
| source: wtfcontent.com |
![]() |
| source: imageshack.com |
![]() |
| source: funnycorner.net |
![]() |
| source: photobucket.com |
![]() |
| source: motifake.com |
![]() |
| source: demotivationalposters.org |
![]() |
| source: vsslaven.com |











Hiç yorum yok:
Yorum Gönder