10 Haziran 2011 Cuma

Introducing My Little Brother to Minecraft, you're welcome.

Over Easter I went to Queensland to visit my Mum and brothers, and also to meet my new niece!


She's very cute.


But don't ask me what her name is... I can't spell it, and I definitely can't pronounce it....(sorry Puke).


She has gigantic feet and hands and is certain to be the tallest and most gorgeous being alive when she grows up (and up and up).


FYI, while in the "sunshine state" it rained constantly. 


FAIL.


Other than meeting my beautiful 8 day old niece and seeing big brother Puke, I also had another motive for visiting the overrated northern state.


I had to show my little brother Sime (brat faced monster head to those that know him ;P) Minecraft!!


It was love at first sight!


The perfectly square cubes of mining goodness, the crystal clear pixilated details on every surface, the seemingly pointless mining for hour after hour!


Cubes and pixels and mining oh my!


It was soon evident that we would not be able to interact with said little brother for some time after that.


He was no longer with us. 


He was in Minecraft.


So many people have yet to experience the wonder that is Minecraft.


Unbelievable, I know.


At the time of writing (typing) this, there are 8,113,495 registered users, of which 2,254,050 (27.78%) have bought the game. In the last 24 hours, 37,986 people registered, and 7,417 people bought the game.


It's a worldwide phenomenon people, get on this shiz now!


Little brother will be annoyed at me for saying this, but I'm gonna because it's cute (sorry Sime), but he would only play in peaceful mode and he would watch TV during in-game night, and only play during in-game day.


Now I'm not saying he's scared of the computer generated dark or computer generated mobs (monsters).


No no, not at all!


I'm aghast that you would suggest such a thing!


Perhaps he finds that mining in the dark is a futile exercise and that battling mobs while attending to the serious business of mining and crafting is not an effective use of one's time.


That would be very sensible and not at all cute.


In fact, forget everything I said about cute little brother being scared of computer generate dark and mobs.


My little brother is the most pragmatic Minecrafter in the world, he only mines during the day when visibility is good, and rids his game of all mobs so as to not be distracted from his work by brain hungry zombies.


Totes.


For all those not yet on the Minecraft train (bitch please!), go here and here.



Also here are some screen shots from the interwebs of what you're missing.


The beautiful landscapes:



source: g4tv.com




source: windows7themes.net
The exotic wildlife:



 
source: pcgamer.com



source: pcgamer.com
The ability to create anything your imagination can think of:



source: blog.fileplanet.com



source: pc.mmgn.com



source: mediamolecule.com
Here is the man behind it all, my lord and saviour, Notch.



source: gamerant.com


That is all.




Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder