11 Haziran 2011 Cumartesi

The Great Freeway in the Sky.

I love my car, but the time has come for her to visit the great freeway in the sky.


She's been very good to me,


Better than I've been to her, that's for sure!


My blue 1999 VT Commodore, has lasted as well as can be expected considering that I haven't had it serviced in 4 years....






Since inheriting the hand-me-down car from Husband, I have been guilty of the following crimes against car:


I broke the passenger side mirror backing out of the drive-way, I caught it on a tree. I then "repaired" it with black duct tape. 


Smooth.


I once side swiped a bus, I managed to damage every panel down the left side.


About a year ago I noticed a "crunchy" sound when I used the brakes, I also noticed (but thought nothing of it) that all other cars were giving me a lot of room on the Freeway. 


My father-in-law had a look and gave me one of those looks. 


You know the one, the "oh geez, how do you manage to tie your own shoe laces?" look. 


Turns out I'd worn the brake pads entirely away, and was now grinding metal on metal when I used the brakes. 


The reason people were giving me room, is that there were sparks coming off the brakes.


In my defense, I do check the oil and coolant regularly.


I top up the oil whenever needed (or when the beeping of the oil light gets annoying).


I would top up the coolant, except it's full of black sludge....


I do know how to change my own tyre, and have done so recently, in heels, and a skirt, on the side of St. Kilda Road. 


Needless to say I didn't have to wait long before 2 men in suits came to my rescue.


I took said tyre with nail in it to be repaired and got that look again from the tyre guy. 


Tyre was completely bald and not roadworthy. 


He then checked all the others and said the only one roadworthy was the spare.....


On arriving in Sorrento last week, Husband discovered that I don't have working brake lights, oops.


Husband and Uncle-in-law fixed the brake lights, but then I lost the use of a head light on the drive home.


I also have no dash lights.


Driving home from work a few months back I got about 200 meters before a fruity smelling steam started billowing out of the engine. 


I had to get RACV out and get it towed home. 


Turns out the heater tap was broken.


The horn was in working condition intermittently.


Never when I was really angry. 


Always when I bump it getting out of the car.


The fuel economy is rooted, I fill up once a week for $80.


She's done 224,463km....


She's been a great car.


I have only been in one accident (other than the bus thing) and it was not my fault.


I was rear ended by a P-Plater 2 days before Xmas. She hit me doing 70kph in the rain at night.


But it's okay, as she told me that night "I'm getting a new car tomorrow anyway"....


FUCK YOU BITCH, YOU HIT ME!!!!


Her car was a write off, mine had a couple of dents in the bumper.


No shit.


I needed more work than the car! I had a month of physio for my neck, the car got a new bumper.


She's been a very trust worthy car, but it's time to go.


I thought of getting a smaller car, better fuel economy, easier to park (I can't parallel park the VT, it's HUGE!)


I thought of getting an Outlander of Territory for camping and road trips.


This week, I said goodbye to the old girl :(


And hello to my sexy red beast!






So I basically got the exact same car, but 9 years younger.


It's a 2008 Holden Omega, Passion Red :)


73,000km.


It's the base model, but it's been fitted with all the options.


Blue tooth, 9 airbags, ESC, sunglasses holder (very important), radio controls on the steering wheel, electric windows (I used to have to lean all the way over to the passenger side at the lights to wind down the passenger window with my finger tips).


Enough boot space for 2 hostages!





Housie and I in the boot, very spacious! If I'm ever kidnapped, I want it to be in a VE Omega!

The first time I drove it, I got a little confused. I turned off the ignition, but the radio stayed on?


I thought I mustn't have turned the key far enough, and left it in that 'engine off radio on' setting, but the key wouldn't turn any further....


I got out the trusty owners manual and it turns out I just had to open the door.


Radio off.


I put fuel in it yesterday, but couldn't find the fuel cap latch by the drivers seat..... got out the trusty owners manual again, you just have to push on the cap and it opens.....


It's been 2 days.


I haven't broken it yet.






.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder