For those of you not in Australia, you may not be aware that it's winter.
But it's not just winter, it's a fucking COLD winter!
I have been holding off the onset of a cold for a couple of weeks now.
I am far too busy to be sick at the moment.
Minions still need to be trained; Spreadsheets have to be formatted, etc....
But this week, I am dying.
My death is imminent.
I had Monday off, slept on the couch all day, occasionally opening my eyes to see whatever movie I had decided to play in my befuddled haze.
I then made soup, sick day soup (chicken noodle with lots of chili), and watched musicals.
Because that's how I roll.
I managed to drag my sorry ass to work for Tuesday and Wednesday.
Shouldn't have bothered.
More hassle than it's worth lately.
I then had Thursday off to wallow in self pity on the couch, clutching a box of tissues, using my last shred of energy to again make sick day soup and put on a musical or 2.
I've left the minions alone at work for 2 days this week, the first week of our hectic schedule and they survived.
Props to minions!
But that doesn't mean I haven't come back to a shit storm of problems.
I dragged myself out of bed today, imminent death be damned! And this is what I come back to??
The lights are too bright.
the office is noisy.
Why is everyone shouting??
Why did I bother?!
My job title makes very clear what my job entails, there is no grey area here.
So why then am I CC'd on an email only after it has circled through 6 other people and 9 emails??
This is clearly my problem, and if anyone had asked me, I would have told them that I was already all over it.
Instead, people have made guesses at what the correct course of action is (which was wrong) and only then told me about it with a "Such and such asked me to forward this to you just so you are aware".
I WAS ALREADY AWARE!!!
On top of all that, I took sick day soup in to work for lunch today, and spilled it in my handbag.
Rookie mistake, I know.
Never put a container in your handbag unless it is already in a bag of some sort for protection.
So I get myself in to work, clean all my soup covered belongings out of my bag, clean said bag, lay it out to dry behind me (which stinks by the way), then open my email to find all of this shit.
Not happy.
I may just go home after lunch and go back to bed.
When is blogging going to make me rich??
But it's not just winter, it's a fucking COLD winter!
![]() |
| source: micfo.com |
I have been holding off the onset of a cold for a couple of weeks now.
I am far too busy to be sick at the moment.
Minions still need to be trained; Spreadsheets have to be formatted, etc....
But this week, I am dying.
My death is imminent.
![]() |
| source: weheartit.com |
I had Monday off, slept on the couch all day, occasionally opening my eyes to see whatever movie I had decided to play in my befuddled haze.
I then made soup, sick day soup (chicken noodle with lots of chili), and watched musicals.
Because that's how I roll.
![]() |
| source: jimmcdermott.com |
Shouldn't have bothered.
More hassle than it's worth lately.
I then had Thursday off to wallow in self pity on the couch, clutching a box of tissues, using my last shred of energy to again make sick day soup and put on a musical or 2.
I've left the minions alone at work for 2 days this week, the first week of our hectic schedule and they survived.
Props to minions!
![]() |
| source: miraclefrooties.com edited by me. |
But that doesn't mean I haven't come back to a shit storm of problems.
I dragged myself out of bed today, imminent death be damned! And this is what I come back to??
The lights are too bright.
the office is noisy.
![]() |
| source: tweetymom.com |
Why is everyone shouting??
Why did I bother?!
My job title makes very clear what my job entails, there is no grey area here.
So why then am I CC'd on an email only after it has circled through 6 other people and 9 emails??
This is clearly my problem, and if anyone had asked me, I would have told them that I was already all over it.
Instead, people have made guesses at what the correct course of action is (which was wrong) and only then told me about it with a "Such and such asked me to forward this to you just so you are aware".
I WAS ALREADY AWARE!!!
![]() |
| source: weheartit.com |
Rookie mistake, I know.
Never put a container in your handbag unless it is already in a bag of some sort for protection.
So I get myself in to work, clean all my soup covered belongings out of my bag, clean said bag, lay it out to dry behind me (which stinks by the way), then open my email to find all of this shit.
Not happy.
I may just go home after lunch and go back to bed.
![]() |
| source: tea-and-vegemite-toast.com |







Hiç yorum yok:
Yorum Gönder